Chapel is held weekly for all secondary students and staff.
All of the classes at BCA are taught through a Biblical worldview. Teachers use a variety of resources, both secular and Christian. All classes are in English with the exception of foreign language classes.
- Literature, grammar, and composition
- Traditional and contemporary literary selections from a wide variety of genres
- Emphasis placed on developing students’ writing skills
- Seniors focus on writing a research paper
- Follows sequence: Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and Pre-Calculus
- Course builds upon the material acquired in the previous course; final course captures and reviews all previous material in preparation for a student’s entry into Calculus
- Social Science
- Provides students with a thorough understanding of both United States and world history
- Students are exposed to world geography, US government, economics, and current world issues
- The aim is to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand the history and government of countries represented at BCA and throughout the world
- Middle School students take life and earth science.
- High School students are offered courses in biology, physical science, chemistry, and physics
- Students are required solve problems, learn the facts of science, analyze arguments and express themselves through written and oral communication
- There are also numerous opportunities for discussion and debate about ethical, political, and apologetics issues as they relate to science
- Covers Bible study methods, a survey of both the Old and New Testaments, a study of Christian doctrine, and a semester entitled, “Understanding the Times”
- Assists students in the development of their worldview
- Seniors spend a semester studying the biblical perspective of family and marriage
- Romanian I, II and III
- Designed to refine students’ Romanian language and provide them with solid grammatical skills
- Students read books, engage in conversation, and participate in a variety of oral and written activities to increase their vocabulary and grammar, and to differentiate between spoken and written Romanian